Wednesday 10 August 2011

Desktop Crit with Judy

A productive outcome! After speaking to Judy I have decided to focus in on the idea of Strength and how a person takes or absorbs strengths from my developed space or their surroundings. Also with the idea of photosynthesis also thrown into the mix, it shows how strength grows and develops and produces an output, in the way that photosynthesis also does. She suggested customizing my avatar to produce this idea, but in terms of the building design, I have a lot of brainstorming to do to suggest and portray my idea of strength.

On another note, when discussing the images below in "Sustenance Ideas" Judy and I did agree about the form and complexity about them. While the steel construction framing has an organized shape, line and symmetry, it conveys a sense of lightness and almost in a way a thing we hang or support things with through the strength that it contains. While the large concrete structures portray strength in a more physical manner, showing mass, weight and large forms to convey strength. These things I will need to think about when I further develop my building.




This image I think shows the idea that I had in mind with the steel construction framing, a very chaotic but organized shape that is pieced together by steel framing.


No comments:

Post a Comment