Tuesday 4 October 2011

Pedestrian Traffic and Building Replication

After visiting the site and admiring the High Court building, I wanted to somehow replicate the original building, as its a Architectural History tram tour, so I wanted the stop to somehow replicate the building as if part of the tour or route. Thus I came up with materials being brick, and steel piping as it was our task to use a material from our last project 1:1 model.





Also, after being on site, I noted there is a lot of foot traffic through and around the site, as it is a main route for students from the university. Thus I decided to go to the site at different hours of the day and note the frequency of pedestrians, after visiting the site 5 times that day I filled in the rest as an assumption and graphed my results.



After graphing these results, I decided to use the frequency of pedestrians, or shape of graph be the initial shape of my stop, being 3 dominant features and low lying areas, might be interesting to use this and see how space and voids are created.

No comments:

Post a Comment