Tuesday 4 October 2011

Laser Cutting

Very exciting I must say, laser cutting for the first time. After finishing my confusing file on illustrator, and sending it to the laser cutter I started to piece together the pieces. Unfortunately with football interupting most of my model making process... I did not finish the model to what I wanted it to look like. I wanted to create small seating areas for under the roofing, and create pergola like structures that extended off the 3 peaking rectangles... But anyway, here is the making, and final model.








I thought to be honest, this model couldve finished a lot better, as I did not manage to find thin enough dowelling lying around, and the seating and pergolas wouldve been a nice added detail. The small facade underneath the roofing sepeartes the pathway from the seating area or observing area, being a Historical Architecture tram route, and also acts as a wind blocker, as there is a strong win coming from the park behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment