Tuesday 4 October 2011

Initial Workings

Keeping to the geometric theme of all my projects so far, i kept the similarity of the simple squares or rectangles. Replicating the building and using those graphs with 3 peaks, I thought about the castle balustrading and how it could almost ironically, being a castle and heavy, floating with these thin steel pipes being the structure underneath the heavy brick



---------------------------------------------------

After initial drawings, I decided to pay with scale models, to visualise 3D how the building would look, function and any other characteristics I did not think about.






---------------------------------------------------

I then followed the graph more accurately, looking at different widths and heights of the 3 peaks or rectangles on the stop. This I think, comes up with a stronger design than just 3 similar sized boxes. It also helps differentiate the building in plan and in elevations.



No comments:

Post a Comment