Sunday 2 October 2011

Model work 1:5

After talking to Dermit and Padma, and presenting my drawings, they seemed to like the idea of the natural looking supports of the Toyo Ito building and the spiral structural scheme I drew at my site. Due to this I modelled a interesting way that incorporated the spiral scheme, this structural support lifted the building or office of the ground to produce the office to be lifted significantly of the ground. While there is a sense of floating of the building, I wanted to illustrate the strength and scale of the structure so produced large columns that were supported by the spiral, while still trying to incorporate Toyo Ito's idea of a natural support.


Doodling...




As I developed this model further I realised that the spiral became more of a decoration than a main structural aspect, on the 1:1 model I should further develop and focus more on the spiral, exaggerating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment